Looking to earn college credit while in high school?
How TCC can give you a Running Start
If you are a high school junior or senior and are looking for the next challenge (and a less expensive way to earn college credit), check out Tacoma Community College’s Running Start program.
- High school juniors or seniors can attend college at TCC while in high school to earn college credit.
- Juniors or seniors have the potential to earn their two-year associate’s degree plus their high school diploma simultaneously.
- Tuition for college-level classes is covered by the program. Students are responsible for books, fees, transportation and classes below 100-level.
- Most courses transfer to Washington’s community colleges and public universities.
- Tuition for college-level classes is about 45 percent less than the average cost of a TCC course and further reductions are available to students who receive Free and Reduced Price Lunch Benefits.
Earn your high school diploma and accumulate college credit
TCC's Fresh Start is designed for students who are:
- Ages 16 to 21
- Who have NOT received their high school diploma and are credit deficient
- Still eligible if they have earned their GED